A little before 8:00 a.m. Wednesday Morning, the Mecklenburg County Courthouse was forced to evacuate everyone in the building due to an apparent Boiler Room malfunction.
This type is a little different from the infamous “Boiler Room” starring Giovanni Ribisi. This time, the boiler( and not the actor) actually malfunctioned, causing a natural leak of carbon monoxide into the building.
Charlotte Firefighters rushed to the scene to ensure that everyone was out of the building while the boiler was repaired, and the air cleared. Most of the windows and doors were opened to air out the building.
The Courthouse was later re-opened and everything went on as scheduled. Jurors, cases, and the alike are all reported for duty.
Accidents happen all the time. Luckily, no one was injured in this incident. But sadly, this is not always the case. The Mecklenburg County Courthouse followed all proper protocol, leaving no one injured.
If you find yourself in a situation where you are injured due to malfeasance or malfunctioning equipment at work, contact the law offices of Reeves, Aiken, and Hightower, LLP toll-free at 877-374-5999 and visit our homepage here.